Seeding Creation Care
The Victory Noll Sisters Small Grants Program is a $100,000+ fund made possible through the generosity of Our Lady of Victory Missionary Sisters (or Victory Noll Sisters) and Catholic Climate Covenant donors and supporters. These small grants will seed local Laudato Si’-inspired climate justice and sustainability projects across U.S. Catholic communities.They are designed to assist parishes, dioceses, schools, religious communities and other Catholic institutions in the United States to organize and mobilize the U.S. Catholic community to express their care for creation and take climate action.
Small grants are available up to a maximum of $1,000 for U.S. Catholic parishes, groups, dioceses, or other U.S. Catholic organizations. The priority deadline to apply is October 14th, 2021. (If funding remains thereafter, grants will be awarded on a rolling basis until the funds are exhausted.)
The types of activities* that could be funded include:
- Projects/programs that connect to the Laudato Si’Action Platform (LSAP)
- Advocacy and dialogue with church and political leaders on our call to care for creation and our vulnerable neighbors
- Support for events (educational events, rallies, fairs, festivals) that connect to Season of Creation, Feast of St. Francis, Earth Day, or any of the seven Laudato Si’Action Platform goals.
- Participation in existing creation care events with the intention of lifting up the Catholic voice within them
- Prayer services and liturgies related to creation care
- Retreats, workshops, or forums to promote understanding, bridge-building, and healing related to creation care
- Service projects (tree-plantings, cleanups, community gardens, etc.)
- Carbon reduction activities
- Classroom instruction/curriculum related to creation care
NOTE: You may wish to consider seeking matching funds from other groups/organizations (perhaps your local solar company or another organization interested in sustainability) in your community.
* This list is not exhaustive. If you are planning/organizing an activity that is not listed, feel free to apply and we will consider.